Date: 26th March 2018 at 5:40pm
Written by:

In an attempt to entice supporters back to Portman Road, season ticket prices next term will be approximately 10 % cheaper than they are at the moment.

The key to how many people take up this new offer will surely depend on whether manager Mick McCarthy is still in a job or not?

Managing director Ian Milne spoke to Stuart Watson of the East Anglian Daily Times about where his future lies with Ipswich Town football club, and said that owner Marcus Evans was made fully aware of the tension that exists between the manager and supporters and an official tweet today from the club suggesting that the waiting game is almost over.

‘Town owner Marcus Evans has confirmed that Mick McCarthy’s future will be clarified to supporters well in advance of the Early Bird deadline on season tickets.’ That promotion begins on the the 30th April and an insider at the club said that we could know as early as next week and that the decision had already been made.


Former Town striker Alex Mathie said on Radio Suffolk last week that he considered it to be ‘very unlikely’ that Mick McCarthy would be sticking around and the biggest clue came in his after-match interview after the Hull City defeat.

Certainly the tension and mistrust among supporters towards the manager was something that both Ian Milne and Marcus Evans were aware of and said,’ The dwindling numbers regarding attendances is very concerning to us. We are also aware of the rift between the manager and the fans.’

Owner Marcus Evans has also accepted that the price hike last season backfired on the club and that is why this time around, a significant drop in season ticket pricing might persuade fans to renew again.

The key of course is whether Mick stays or goes but the feeling I am getting from a number of different sources is that he will be on his way and that Steve McClaren is one of the favourites to take his place!

But Milne remained coy when quizzed about this and said sternly
‘I honestly don`t know. What I can say is that there has been no decision made. Of course, Marcus could offer Mick a contract and Mick could decline it. There are a number of factors at play here. They`ll have that discussion over the next two or three weeks.’

We shall see.

 

Your Comment